culture and values
As a part of our facilitation services,inovision also works with organisational culture change initiatives. These include addressing culture elements like values, beliefs and assumptions and how these translate into desired behaviours and activities in your organisation.
inovision works from the philosophy that leadership is the management of culture. Hence, where culture change is required, we work with leaders and leadership teams.
We help leaders understand cultural elements, and enable them to adapt their organisational culture. To find out more about organisational culture, download pdf.
We initiate processes that start to challenge the basic assumptions of your culture, or changing the held values, if these are no longer valid. This progression can significantly improve the effectiveness your organisation.
Cultural change may be needed when the environment of your organsiation changes. Competition, acquisitions or new regulations may require a new or revised organisational culture, therefore introducing a new sets of organisational values.
One of the core elements of a company's culture is its value system, because this represents what is "sacred" and relates to the core identity your organisation.
Values play an important role in:
- Describing what your organisation stands for, and
- Providing the basic principles that guide behaviours and interactions within your organisation
inovision can develop and facilitate processes to help you with any of the following values-alignment initiatives:
- Identify and articulate your organisation's values where these are not clear or understood and/or you wish to strengthen your organisational culture
- Revise or change your organisational values where significant changes in your business environment requires this
- Challenge and change your organisational values or underlying assumptions where there is misalignment with the actual or desired culture of your organisation
Additionally, inovision facilitates workshops with teams that helps everyone to understand their organsational values, and how that translates into effective team and individual behaviours and actions.
What is organisational culture?
is "A pattern of
assumptions that the
group has learned as
it solved its problems
that has worked well
enough to be
considered valid and,
therefore, to be
taught to new
members as the
correct way to
perceive, think, and
feel in relation to